Sunday, December 1, 2013

Winter warm-up

I went to the farmer's market this morning, and realized it was officially winter. Downsides: biking with cold feet and a runny nose, not being able to buy flowers. Positives: overstocking on discounted greens, appreciating hot coffee, and (!!!) sunchokes.

Now that I'm home, I'm thinking lunch will be the leftovers from Friday's dinner.  Finding stewing lamb on sale and looking delicious (with minimal fat, as well) I made lamb and root vegetable stew with tomato and red wine sauce.  Over polenta with some garlicky kale, it was perfect then... and expect it to be even better when reheated :)


For dinner tonight, I'm thinking something roasted, something blended, and perhaps something a little bit of both... with bacon, of course. Today's pork jowl bacon from EcoFriendly foods is one of my favorites. 



No comments:

Post a Comment