Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Kitchen appliance love.


Tuesday. One of those days where I'll be going going going for 12 hours. Which would make me feel very productive... if I could even focus on that thought. This is another way of saying, damn it feels good to have a rice cooker. I loaded it with lentils, an extra splash of chicken stock, and a pinch of turmeric, and let it do its thing while I did mine (first Y trip of the school year). Not only was I reminded what a nice, small community I live in while working the stationary bike, but I came home to wafting wonderfulness with just a few more minutes left to go.

Threw some more things together while chatting with the sister, and end up with a balanced meal: a pulse, some greens, a bit of oil/fats, lots of veggies, and a tasty, store-bought starch (a "masala burger," last minute impulse purchase at TJ's).

PS. Who had a piece of quiche for lunch? And snacked on the crumbs in the afternoon? And totally was tempted to break out a frozen piece tonight? Hmmm.... I wonder...


No comments:

Post a Comment