Sunday, October 17, 2010

Nothing I'd rather be doing.

I can now officially claim to have lived in Michigan, having gone to an orchard/cider mill/tourist trap. I have to be honest--I've never had donuts quite so delicious. But donuts + cider = serious spike in blood-sugar levels. I think all the parents who came with their toddlers were either incredibly brave or incredibly regretted it.

But the moral of the story is, I have more apples than I really know what to do with.... or, rather, than it is humanly possible to consume in a reasonable amount of time. Submitted for evidence (after lunch and mid-afternoon snacks):





To counterbalance some of this fruity goodness, the last dinner while my mother is here has brown rice, tempeh in Thai peanut/red curry sauce, and kale sauteed with whole cumin, coriander, and garlic. Quite the simplest recipe, and while it might be a bit "granola," I think that's ok. We're pairing it with a Vouvray :)

No comments:

Post a Comment