Sunday, October 24, 2010

Things are blossoming...

Today was a difficult day. Not that I had a lot of work to do... I mean, I did, but I'm only just now getting started. But that the ways I found to distract myself were way more satisfying than doing the schoolwork I ought to.

1. I went to the gym, started on the treadmill, and found myself all of a sudden running down the stairs and into the sunlight. A light breeze, maybe high 60s. It was beautiful. My pain, however, less so.

2. Have decided--for real this time--to stop looking at vacancy announcements in Geneva. At least for the next month. Found one from an organization where I interned, that I know I might have a fighting chance at getting... where I not enrolled, generally happily, and about to get my degree, and in a great apartment that might be harder to sublet in January than in May.

3. But the cooking! Roasted kale in olive oil with coriander and cumin seed and garlic (that got eaten too quickly--no photo evidence.) And the piece de resistance, my first attempt at squash blossoms. Stuffed with herbs and feta. Just.... wow. Impossible to describe, but almost like fried okra in taste, without the slimy texture (which I happen to like, but know is about the most offensive thing in the world to others). Light, but filling. Check the recipe, dodge the flying drops of canola oil, and indulge.


No comments:

Post a Comment