Sunday, November 7, 2010

One of those weeks

There's a commercial I've seen for frozen food: "Food myth 101: Chopping vegetables at the end of a long day is fun!" Well...um.... yes, it is. It's one thing I know I can come home to. And it does wonders for stress levels. Crying at the end of a frustrating day? Nope, just chopping some onions.

I hadn't time to post recipes or pictures this past week, but I came up with some pretty delicious things to do in 20 minutes, late night. You'll notice that I still haven't gotten rid of my apples--I'm working on it--but thre are some other yummy things in the fridge. Also, I've found that there are reasonably priced dried mushrooms on sale at Whole Foods. Shiitake, cremini, portabello, oyster... and more! These are super handy to keep around the spice cabinet because they do double work--after reconstituting, they can be sauteed like fresh mushrooms, but they also give a great stock.

Coming soon: mystery dessert. I think with coconut milk?

No comments:

Post a Comment