Sunday, October 27, 2013



Well, this is a little awkward....

I find myself coming back to this blog after a two-year hiatus.  In some senses, it's clear that I'm cooking differently, more exploratory (a regular paycheck helps), and with more reflection on what I am able to store in a fridge I share with two flatmates. But other things remain the same - I still love to roast things, I still tend vegetarian (although not entirely), and I still have to be careful not to buy far more than I can reasonably expect myself to eat.

Over those months, I've missed blogging about some great meals - a Thai-flavored pan-roasted whole branzino, lamb-and-bacon meatballs in red wine tomato sauce, sweet potato hummus - and some new discoveries -  Swiss chard and lacinato (Tuscan) kale, pomegranates, and the miracle combination of salt, sugar, vinegar, and ?????. Or for Portlandia lovers: "I can pickle that!"

                        

I've also realized that to be self-sustaining, I will have to use this blog to talk about more than my love of food. Which is not diminished, but rather put into context of a busy work life, a quiet home life, and a whole lot of yoga. To whomever is out there in the inter-ether, I thank you in advance for your patience (and more importantly, humor) as I post travel plans, dharma talk, soapbox rants, and of course, recipes.
Thus, without further ado....

1 comment:

  1. Glad I didn't cull TPF from my RSS feed. Good to see you're back in action!

    ReplyDelete