Sunday, January 30, 2011

新年快乐!

In other words, happy (Chinese) new year! The holiday period has started, although I don't think the official date is until... the 14th/V-Day... In preparation, I wanted to scope out the goodies at the local Chinese market and see what I could find to make dumplings.

I also forgot how nice it is to speak Chinese when no one knows you do. They answer your questions, half paying attention, until part of the way through their response when they suddenly realize that you 'shouldn't' be speaking. Then, as I moved down the aisle with mushrooms in hand, the elderly woman I'd talked to just stared, drop-jawed, and then laughed a bit to herself as she turned around.

Got seriously distracted. But did end up coming away with a lot of goodies that I'm excited to play around with tonight. See the grocery list. And, here's to salty-sweet plums!

More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment