Sunday, January 16, 2011

Unresolved, and only recently inspired

Happy New Year

So I've been unfortunately very busy this month, and haven't been posting with regularity. Earlier, over the Christmas holiday, I could have posted every day: me + full fridge + dish washer = getting by at my parents' house. Some of the highlights included a canellini bean, kale, and butternut squash stew, a custard pie with cardamom-ginger applesauce, and another roasted vegetable and quinoa dish. But those will just have to remain happy holiday memories :)

Since I've been back at my place, I've cooked mostly subsistence. See below for the best I'd done until this weekend, with a tomato-artichoke sauce over farfalle and spinach.


The last few days, however, I've reiscovered soy chorizo, which makes a great brunch or fajita addition AND has this incredible soporific effect on me... it's certainly not the reading I try to do afterwards...

Finally, tonight I was preparing some things for a big meal tomorrow, and scraped out some bits of Kobucha squash to hollow it out and stuff it. Not willing to waste, I took the flesh I scraped out with and sauteed it Indian style for a spicy little side dish.


No comments:

Post a Comment